Frequently Asked Questions
How far apart do the racks need to be spaced?
Is it possible to mount the racks closer to one another?
- We recommend 8”-12” from center of rack to the next. The mounted wood back's racks are mounted around 9-1/4” from center to center, and so far we have heard only good things about this distance. It ultimately depends on the equipment being stored in the racks – snowboards and skis with taller bindings tend to require more wall space then those with a lower profile.
Do you ship internationally?
- Yes. By vertically staggering the racks you can decrease the amount of space required from one rack to the next. This spacing depends on the stored equipment, but here are a couple examples of layouts that have worked for past customers: Example 1, Example 2. Learn more on our Mounting Instructions page.
Do the ski racks lock?
- Absolutely. Shipping times depend on a number of factors, but ski racks typically arrive within 6-10 business days. Shipping fees are calculated at checkout and do not include any duties/tariffs/etc as they vary widely from country to country.
Is it possible to store 2 pairs of skis on 1 Rocker Ski Rack?
- No they do not. It's something we are working on, but don't hold your breath ;)
Do you make custom ski racks?
- It is, however we don't recommend it. This really only works with cross-country skis and the XL rack after a lot of hassle and finagling. After easily getting the first pair in the rack, in order to place the second you have to not touch/bump/upset the first pair while pivoting and locking the 2nd in place. It's frustrating, which is why we don't recommend it. Do yourself a favor and just buy 2 Rocker Ski Rack – Standards.
I am a builder/contractor/designer/architect and want to use your ski racks in a project. What do I need to know?
- Yes, in fact we love to. Please share your ideas and we will work with you make you something beautiful!
Can I get a discount?
- We are here to offer help in any way we can. We have worked with many folks to develop layouts, interior elevations, and any other drawings that may be of assistance to your clients or project. We also offer discounts to those in the construction industry, so please contact us if you qualify.
Do you sell in any retail outlets?
- Behind the scenes at Rocker Ski Rack, it's pretty much a bare bones, one man show. And just like you, we have to eat and ski too. If you feel like you should get a discount, please contact us and we will try and work something out.
- Not currently, but we are always looking for retail partners. Please contact us if you want to carry Rocker Ski Racks in your store!